Summer is in full swing now! And it’s time to not only get yourself outdoors, but your pet(s) as well. We’ve put together a list of tips for you to follow to keep your pet safe this season.
- Never leave your pet in the car.
- Be on the look out for fertilizers and deadly plants.
- Always have your dog wear a collar and identification tag.
- Fresh water is a MUST for your pet while outdoors.
- Think about the heat (especially with older dogs or dogs with longer coats).
- Be careful of hot asphalt or cement. Dogs can blister just as easy as people.
- Have your animal on the proper medication to prevent against fleas, ticks & mosquitoes.
- Don’t forget sunscreen….for the animal! Light skinned pets will burn if they are outside long enough without sunscreen.
- No ‘outside dogs’. It’s not healthy for your pet to be outside for long periods of time, even if there is shade. They can get overheated quickly.
- And finally, just be observant of your pet. You will notice when they start to act differently and if they do, take them to the vet.
Everyone loves keeping their animals safe and healthy. They are a part of the family. So if you’re looking to move this summer, be sure to check out Pet Friendly Apartments on ForRent.com so you can bring all your family with you healthy & safe!
Category: Apartment Life