Whether it’s you and your pet chillin’ in your apartment, showin’ off the latest fashion trends or just misbehavin’, show us your pet livin’ wild apartment style. Send us a photo and you could win $1,500 cash!
Ten Semifinalists will be selected and then it’s up to you and other ForRent.com® enthusiasts to vote for the best Pet Pads Unleashed. The winning pet’s owner will receive $1,500 cash and three Finalists will each receive a $400 gift card to a local pet store.
Entries from current customers of ForRent.com will be judged separately, and eligible to win a prize of $500.
How it works
- Submit your photos by emailing them to us at email@example.com by May 12, 2010. Be sure to put “Pet Pads Unleashed” in your email subject line and include the following:
- Pet’s Name, City and State, Breed and a brief description of the image.
- All photos will be uploaded on the ForRent.com Flickr account.
- Judges will then select ten Semifinalists.
- ForRent.com enthusiasts (that’s you!) will vote for their favorite photo between May 14 – May 23, 2010 through a survey.
- The winners will be announced on or around May 24, 2010.
Keep up with the latest news about the contest, as well as new entries on ForRent.com’s Facebook page!
Please see below for the complete contest rules.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
CONTEST DATES. ForRent.com’s Photo Contest (the “Promotion”) begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on April 12, 2010 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time (“EST”) on May 12, 2010 (the “Promotion Period). The Promotion Period consists of three phases as set forth below:
Phase One – Photo Submission Phase, starts at 12:00:00 a.m. ET April 12, 2010 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on May 12, 2010
Phase Two – Judges select top ten (10) as Semifinalists on or around May 14, 2010.
Phase Three – ForRent.com enthusiasts (that’s you!) vote for their favorite photo. One (1) Grand prize winner will be selected based off the highest total votes the photo received. Three (3) Finalists will be selected based off the second, third and fourth highest votes. The winners will be announced on or around May 24, 2010.
For the purpose of this Promotion, each phase will begin at 12:00:00a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and will end at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”).
PROMOTION ELIGIBILITY. ForRent.com’s Photo Contest (the “Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are age eighteen (18) or older as of April 12, 2010. A person who complies with all the eligibility rules shall be referred to as “Entrant.” Entries of current customers of ForRent.com will be judged only against other current customer entries. Current customers are eliglble to win only the customer’s prize listed above, and are subject to all other eligibility rules. Employees and their immediate family (parent, child, sibling or spouse of each) and individuals residing in the same household (whether or not related) of ForRent.com (“Sponsor”), For Rent Media SolutionsTM, United Advertising Publications, Inc., or Dominion Enterprises, and any of their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and all other entities or individuals associated with the development, administration, or fulfillment of the Promotion (collectively, the “Entities”) are not eligible to participate in this Promotion. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The Promotion consists of a contest of skill (the “Contest”).
AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES. By participating in the Promotion, Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Administrator and/or Judges, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. The award of a prize is contingent upon Entrant complying with all conditions and fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
HOW TO ENTER:
THE CONTEST OF SKILL. Your photo must demonstrate how your pet lives the apartment life, and it must comply with the following requirements to be eligible:
- 1) Submit your photo(s) by emailing them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 12, 2010. Be sure to use Pet Pads Unleashed as the subject line and include your pet’s name, age, breed, and a brief description of the image in the body of the email
- 2) In accordance with the website’s supported images, the photo must be submitted as an attachment in one of the following formats: JPEGs (JPG), Non-Animated GIFs or PNGs
- 3) The photo must be the original work of the Entrant
- 4) The Entrant is limited to submitting five photos for the Pet Pads Unleashed Contest
- 5) The Entrant may submit photo(s) that include more than one pet
- 6) The file size must be no larger than 10MB (Ten Megabytes) in size
- 7) The photo may not have won previous awards
- 8 ) The photo may not have been published previously
- 9) The photo must not infringe upon the rights of any third-party, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, and rights of publicity and/or privacy
- 10) The photo must be suitable for publication and may not be violent, immoral, offensive, illegal, pornographic, obscene, indecent or similarly inappropriate as deemed solely by Sponsor
- 11) The photo may not contain any content that is or may be perceived to be defamatory or that represents the Entities in a negative way or in any manner not consistent with Entities’ brand and/or reputation as deemed solely by Sponsor
- 12) The photo may not contain any mention, discussion, logo, trademark, service mark, storefront, trade dress, mascot, photograph, or other image of any business or company, other than ForRent.com and/or For Rent Magazine. The photo may not have apartment property names or physically identify an apartment property by filming their front sign or any other unique identifying feature or distinguishable architecture
- 13) The photo may not include the likenesses of any identifiable persons other than the Entrant, unless written permission is obtained by the Entrant
- 14) The photo cannot be dangerous or unsafe to make or produce, or include activities that are dangerous, unsafe, or present unreasonable risk of harm to person, animal or property, or suggest or imply to any person to undertake any dangerous, unsafe or unduly risky activity as deemed solely by Sponsor
- 15) The photo may not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations. Any photo in violation of any of the above requirements and restrictions will be deemed void. By submitting a photo in the Contest, each Entrant represents and warrants that these requirements have been met. Failure to satisfy these requirements, as determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, may result in ineligibility with respect to all photos submitted by or on behalf of that Entrant.
- 16) ForRent.com enthusiasts and pet lovers (that’s you!) will vote for their favorite semifinalist between May 14, 2010-May 23, 2010 through a survey
ENTRANT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING PERMISSION TO USE THE PICTURE, IMAGE, AND/OR LIKENESS OF ANY THIRD PARTIES SHOWN IN THE PHOTO. Sponsor may request that any such third parties sign a waiver and release prior to the posting of the photo on the Website or the granting of any prize.
USE OF FORRENT.COM TRADEMARKS AND SLOGANS. For the sole purpose of participation and entry in this Promotion, Sponsor hereby grants each Entrant a non-exclusive, revocable royalty-free license to use the trademarks and copyrights owned by Sponsor in the creation of the Entrant’s photo, subject to the entry restrictions and guidelines contained in these Official Rules. This license extends only to photos submitted to Sponsor in accordance with these Official Rules. This license does not extend to photos created in connection with the Promotion, but not submitted to Sponsor in accordance with these Official Rules. Use of trademarks, copyrights, and other intellectual property owned by Sponsor in photos or in any other form or media not submitted to Sponsor in connection with this Promotion and in accordance with these Official Rules constitutes an unauthorized use and infringement of the intellectual property rights of Sponsor. Sponsor hereby reserves all rights and remedies available to Sponsor at law or in equity to enforce these Official Rules, including, but not limited to, the enforcement of any trademark, copyright, and other intellectual property rights owned by Sponsor.
SELECTION OF FINALISTS AND WINNERS. At the conclusion of the Promotion Period, Sponsor will post the Grand Prize Winner and Finalists in compliance with the Official Rules on Facebook on or around May 24, 2010. All photos will be reviewed for content before being posted on ForRent.com’s Facebook Fan Page and Flickr page. Photos submitted may or may not be posted on the site, in the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor shall have absolutely no obligation to give feedback or reasoning for why any photo is not posted on the site. Sponsor shall have the sole right to reject or remove a photo from the site at any time. On or about May 14, 2010 Sponsor’s internal review panel will announce the ten semifinalists. From 12:00:00 a.m. ET on May 14 to 11:59:59 pm on May 23, the public may vote on the finalist photos posted on the site by visiting the ForRent.com Facebook Fan Page and following the voting instructions.
CONTEST: Contest Semifinalists will be selected according to the following judging criteria:
- 25% Creativity and originality
- 20% Overall quality and appearance of photo
- 55% Relevance to contest theme of how your pet lives the apartment life
In the unlikely event of a tie, the photo with the earliest upload date will be deemed the Semifinalist, Finalist and/or Grand Prize Winner.
a) Contest Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: One winner will receive $1,500 cash. THREE (3) FINALISTS will be selected based off the second, third and fourth highest votes and will each receive a $400 gift card to a local pet store. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $3,000.
For All Prizes:
All federal and state taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of a prize is permitted except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion of a prize) with a prize of comparable or greater value or cash value. In the event that a prize cannot be awarded for any reason or a winner is not capable of redeeming a prize for any reason, Sponsor shall not be obligated to award any prize.
RIGHTS IN THE PHOTOS. All photos (including all material embodied therein) submitted to Sponsor shall automatically become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor immediately upon submission. Once a photo has been submitted pursuant to the Promotion, the Entrant may not distribute, disseminate, sell, use, license, or post the photo or any copies thereof in any medium (including other Internet sites) without the prior express written consent of Sponsor, which consent may be withheld in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Each Entrant, as a condition of participation in the Promotion, hereby grants Sponsor the exclusive, perpetual, worldwide right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, distribute, and otherwise use (unless prohibited by applicable law) the photo (including all material embodied therein) in any way or in any media now or hereafter known for trade, advertising, promotional, or other purposes as Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, without further notice or compensation to the Entrant or any other third parties. Nothing herein shall be construed to require Sponsor to publish, distribute or in any way use the photo (or any of the material embodied therein) should Sponsor in its sole discretion decline to do so.