Are you having trouble finding a gift for your significant other, friend or older son? Men can sometimes be the hardest people to shop for around the holidays…or really anytime! While boys are typically happy with the latest action figure or a remote controlled vehicle, finding the perfect gift for a grown man can be quite challenging.
Although my boyfriend prefers gifts that are practical rather than sentimental, I still want to get him something that reminds him how much he means to me. This year, I sought out 10 gifts that fit the bill, and here is what I found:
1. Leather Wallet: Take note of the style wallet your guy carries now, and try to get something similar to ensure he will utilize his new accessory. You can invest in an item from a specialty leather goods store or head to the outlets to score a great deal.
2. Monogrammed Cufflinks/Tie bar: These pieces can put the panache on a man’s outfit for sure—especially if you get him his own monogrammed set. There are many options to choose from, so make time to match up the look of the letters with his style.
3. Tool set/toolbox: Every guy needs tools; even if the only thing he has hung up is a John Belushi college poster.
4. Personalized Swiss Army Knife: Think of it as a pocket-sized toolbox. There are a number of styles to choose from, and many have the option to add engraving.
5. Poker Set: Entertainment for all! This gift can be the inspiration for organizing a family game night or a weekly night in for the boys.
6. Car Cleaning/Detailing/Repair Kit: Men who take pride in their ride will really appreciate these gifts.
7. Sports Jersey: Pick a jersey with his favorite player’s name and number or customize one with his last name, first name or nickname and favorite number.
8. Tickets to a Game/Concert: Whether he is a sports fan or a music lover, scoring tickets to see his favorite people perform will put a smile on his face.
9. Handmade Fleece Blanket: These are super easy to make! All you need is fleece, sharp scissors and a healthy dose of patience. Choose fabric with his favorite colors or a print of his favorite team to help keep him warm while watching the game.
10. Food: If all else fails, food is always the answer—after all, the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Bake him cookies or prepare his favorite meal, and serve it up with some cheer.
Happy Shopping and Happy Holidays!
Photos courtesy of: fizzee*
Blog written by Kelsey Edgemon