Yay! It’s Thanksgiving and it’s time to visit family and friends! We have helpful tips to assist you with traveling with your children this Thanksgiving! Make traveling for your kids stress free so they won’t feel like this little guy in the picture below, we want him to enjoy himself and be happy like his sister. =)
- Fly on Tuesday or Thursday. Most people fly the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Talk with your child’s teacher; if they won’t be doing much in school take them out a day earlier to make traveling a little easier. Another strategy is to leave on Thursday morning and arrive in time for Thanksgiving dinner.
- Travel light. It’s always helpful to pack light when your have kids to maneuver through the airport. Around Thanksgiving the airport will be crowded. Imagine lugging 20 bags as well as your kids. If you travel to a certain destination for most holidays consider leaving an extra item like a car seat with the person you often visit. This will be one less thing you have to worry about traveling with.
- Plan for delays. Don’t expect everything to go perfect traveling for Thanksgiving. Prepare yourself and your children by bringing some snacks and a couple toys to keep them busy.
- Have your car checked. Auto mechanics get busy the week before Thanksgiving. Make sure to get your car checked for a routine car service at least a couple weeks before Thanksgiving. Make sure you have enough oil, wiper fluid and air in the tires.
- Find a pit stop. Playgrounds and public libraries always make great places to stop with kids.
- Pack the pillows. Having familiar sleeping items from home will help your kids settle down to sleep both in the car and at your destination.
- Bring a car charger. If you’re counting on a DVD player to keep your kids busy, make sure you have the charger to go with it.
Photo; adjustafresh, Family
Source; Hiatus Industries, LLC., Tips for Thanksgiving Travel with Kids, Deliciousbaby.com