When you think of tailgating, you think of burgers, hot dogs, and beer. But what else can you make for your tailgate season to give the party a new flavor?
Here are some ideas to make for your next tailgate!
- Finely chop 1 small white onion
- Chop 1 Serrano chile
- Mix with 1 cup torn cilantro
- Mix in 3 diced avocados
- Squeeze in the juice of 2 limes
- Then salt to taste
- Mix 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Sriracha to taste
- Chopped cilantro to taste
- Fold in 1/2 pound crabmeat
- Spread in a baking dish
- Top with breadcrumbs (preferably panko)
- Bake at 425 degrees F until golden, about 15 minutes
- Cook 1 tablespoon each butter and flour in a saucepan over medium heat
- Stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in 1/2 pound shredded cheddar
- Stir in 1/4 cup each cream cheese, milk and jarred salsa until smooth
Cheseapeake Snack Mix
- Toss 5 cups potato chips
- 2 cups each oyster crackers
- fish-shaped cheese crackers
- pretzel sticks
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- Bake at 350 degrees F, 25 minutes, stirring once.
Pictures and recipes from: foodnetwork.com